Owner of The Dream Team Hair & Beauty Brand Discusses Keeping Dr. Martin Luther King Jr’s Legacy Alive
On January 14 2022, Beauty Mogul Bernadette Patterson participated in Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s first parade in Richmond County, NC. She was in the parade to promote The Dream Team Hair & Beauty Brand. Her family and clients came out to help and support her.
Grammy Award Winner and 2023 Grammy Nominee Dante Bowe was the Grand Marshal of the parade. The parade also had 3 NFL players as the Honorees Tony Horn (St. Louis Rams) James Hamilton (Jacksonville Jaguars), and Harry Stanback (Baltimore Colts). We obtained an exclusive interview with Bernadette to learn more about this historical moment that took place to honor the late Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Last month we celebrated Dr. Martin Luther King Day to remember his outstanding work and service to people of color to have peace, equality, justice, and more. What does Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. mean to you?
Bernadette: I highly appreciate Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. for having the courage to take a stand to change the world through his speeches for the better. We still need to work on things as a whole but thanks to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. things has gotten better right now today.
You were recently involved with the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. parade in Richmond County Downtown Rockingham. What was your involvement in the parade and what was this historical experience like for you?
Bernadette: I was representing The Dream Team Hair & Beauty Brand. I’m the owner of The Dream Team Hair & Beauty Salon and the CEO/Founder of The Dream Team Hair & Beauty Professional Hair Products. I was invited to be in the Richmond County Parade by one of the committee members Jennifer Watkins. Her uncle J.C. Watkins started the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. march in Richmond County, NC. He died this year at the age of 100 years old. I highly appreciate my family and hair clients Patricia Lucas, Aaron Spears, Daquan Riggins, Tobias Patterson, Tenisha Patterson, Eden Lucas, Wendy Davis, Kamion Ferguson, Kobe Davis, Jasmine Reader and Jahzaria Reader for participating in the parade and representing The Dream Team Hair & Beauty Brand.
Some walked in front of my SUV holding a poster saying I Have A Dream For The Dream Team Hair & Beauty. I drove my SUV and played The Dream Team Hair & Beauty promotional song called Never Knock Me Down produced by Grammy Award-winning Producer Zaytoven. You can see the music video in this link: https://youtu.be/QR1UQErvF8Q .
I had decals on the side of my SUV of Zaytoven and Nikki Rich holding The Dream Team Hair & Beauty Professional Hair Products including myself. You can see The Dream Team Hair & Beauty commercial video of me and Zaytoven when you go to this link: https://youtu.be/gVFKXwuDPVI
You will be able to see two promo videos of Nikki Rich talking about The Dream Team Hair & Beauty Professional Hair Products when you go to these links: https://youtu.be/ncrqOKsavHY & https://youtu.be/C3Fds5bH2gU .
This historical experience will be something I’ll never forget because it was Richmond County NC’s first Parade, but it wasn’t just a regular parade. This parade had 2022 Grammy Award Winner and 2023 Grammy nominee Dante Bowe as a Junior Marshal of the parade one of his well-known songs are called Joyful. There were also 3 honorees that were formal NFL players that were in the parade, they are Tony Horne (St. Louis Rams), James Hamilton (Jacksonville Jaguars), and Harry Stanback (Baltimore Colts). All three of the honorees came from Richmond County as well. The Dream Team Hair & Beauty Brand made history in Richmond County celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. first parade in Richmond County NC.
Please tell us about the services you provide at The Dream Team Hair and Beauty.
Bernadette: I provide a large variety of hair services such as Relaxers, Texturizers, Wave Nouveau, Texturizers, Hair Color, Box Braids, Cornrows, Feed-In Braids, Knotless Braids, Crochets, Roller Sets, Trim, Hair Cuts, Lace Wig Instalments, Blowouts and so much more…
I’m also the CEO/Founder of my own hair product line called The Dream Team Hair & Beauty Professional Hair Products. They are all natural hair products that I provide to my hair clients and customers to maintain healthy growing hair. As of right now, I have 8 different hair products:
- 3-N-1 Hydrating Botanical Shampoo, Body Wash & Shave Cream
- Ultimate Strengthening Conditioner
- Silk Protein Leave In Detangler
- Flat Iron Thermal Defense Spray
- Polish Spray
- Nature Rejuvenating Oil
- Freeze Hairspray
- Edge Control
For more information about The Dream Team Hair & Beauty Professional Hair products you can go to this website: www.thedreamteamhairandbeauty.store
In what ways do you want to continue to be of service to others as a business owner?
Bernadette: I will continue to do different hair services to my hair clients, participate in different pop up shops to promote and sell The Dream Team Hair & Beauty Professional Hair Products, Create pop up shops to give other businesses the opportunity to promote and sell whatever they have for their brand. I will go around to different salons and barber shops selling The Dream Team Hair & Beauty Professional Hair Products.
What else are you currently involved with or have coming up soon?
Bernadette: I’m working on doing a pop-up shop with entertainment. I’m also an artist and songwriter called B-Rawz. I’m working on some new music to perform. Stay tuned. You can stay updated on what I’m doing on my
Facebook Page: Bernadette Patterson
Instagram Page: Bernadette Patterson
Happy Black History Month! What tips can you give our readers about black hair care?
- Use the 3-N-1 Hydrating Botanical Shampoo, Body Wash & Shave Cream because it’s a gentle shampoo that doesn’t have any harsh ingredients in it. Even children can use it. If you are pressed against time this product is 3-N-1 to help cut out some time in your busy day.
- Then condition your hair after you shampoo it at least every two weeks with the Ultimate Strengthening Conditioner. This product will help thicken your hair and promote hair growth.
- After you condition your hair use the Silk Protein Leave-In Detangler. This will help detangle your hair so you can comb through it easily and you can use it as a leave-in conditioner. Use a wide tooth comb starting from the ends and going up to your roots to detangle your hair.
- Always use a heat protectant to protect your hair from the heat of blow dryers, flat irons, curling irons, and more… A heat protectant is the sunscreen for your hair. Flat Iron Thermal Defense Spray is a great heat protectant. It also leaves a great shine and has ingredients that will help your hair to grow.
- You must keep your hair moisturized because when your hair is dry your hair will start breaking off. So it’s good to use Nature Rejuvenating Oil at least two to three times a week. This oil will prevent your hair and scalp from getting dry and it will keep your hair moisturized to stop your hair from further breakage and split ends.
- Make sure you wrap your hair with a silk scarf or bonnet every night to prevent fizziness and reduce thinning, without forming split ends.
- Eat a healthy diet because it will help thicken your hair and help it to grow. These are some foods you can eat that will help you like eggs, barely, almonds, avocado, guava, strawberries, mangos, salmon, sunflower seeds, chia seeds, spinach, red meat, beans, fortified breakfast cereal and green peppers.
You can order The Dream Team Hair & Beauty Professional Hair Products on this website: https://thedreamteamhairandbeauty.store/
We love that you’re helping others by providing ambassador opportunities. What are you looking for in an ambassador who aspires to represent your brand? How can they be apart?
Bernadette: I’m looking for serious ambassadors that believes in The Dream Team Hair & Beauty Brand. That want to invest and have an interest in marketing the brand. To know more about what I’m looking for in a brand ambassador you can go to this link: You can find my form “Form” at: https://form.jotform.com/213181415072042